Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rangers Watch: NYR 0, PIT 1


This is getting painful. At least tonight only my ears had to hear the shame; my eyes had thankfully had the night off as I don't have Versus in my cable package.

I've lost track of how many scoreless periods this makes and exactly how anemic the Rangers power play is. It's too depressing to look up the stats, but here's one I heard on the radio: New York has scored a total of 13 goals in their 7 (now make that 8) games. Ouch.

On the bright side, if there is one, is the Rangers' defense. The D-core was the big question mark going into this season (oh, those were the days) because of its apparent lack of depth. Even with the periodic Marek Malik bungle, the Blueshirts' team GAA is 8th in the league. No doubt Henrik Lundqvist's strong start is propping up those numbers, but Robert Luongo would kill to have the Rangers' blueliners in Vancouver.

I'm going to bed now. Wake me up when the Rangers start scoring some goals...or a goal.

Recaps: Y!/AP, TSN Broadband

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home