Saturday, September 29, 2007

And they're off!

So don't ever ask me what team you should put money on. My prediction about the season opener would have lost you a bundle.

Despite a seemingly unimpressive preseason punctuated by a goaltending hangover from last year, the Kings claimed the first victory of the NHL season by beating the Stanley Cup champ Ducks 4-1.

Jonathan Bernier was impressive in his NHL debut and will make it hard for LA to send him back to junior, particularly if Jason LaBarbera fails to identify himself as the clear starter.

Here's my latest prediction: Add Bernier to your fantasy team now. He'll soon be the no. 1 guy in LA. You can put money on it, just don't come crying to me when I'm wrong.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home